Miscellaneous Work Pass is issued to foreigners who come to Singapore for work on a purely temporary basis. Miscellaneous Work Pass is valid for a maximum period of 60 days. The following activities are allowed for miscellaneous work pass holders –
- Organizing seminars, conferences, workshops
- Religious discourses, speeches on community, cause or politics
- Reporters and crew writing on a specific story related to Singapore and not sponsored by the Singapore Government
Foreigners who come to Singapore for performing in night clubs, lounges, pubs, restaurants, hotels and country clubs are not considered for issue of Miscellaneous Work Pass.
The following documents and information must be provided when requesting a Miscellaneous Work Pass.
- Duly filled in prescribed application form
- Sponsor letter from an organization incorporated in Singapore and involved in religious activities with the organization’s seal, and signature of the authorized person
- A synopsis of the proposed speech to be delivered during seminar, conference or workshop; religious discourses, causes or politics
- Details about the company to which the person applying is affiliated
- Passport size photo of the applicant taken within 3 months
- Personal information about the applicant as recorded in his travel documents
Where an original document is not in English, the applicant must arrange for an English translation copy from a certified translator, the High Commission/Embassy or a notary public. Applicants are required to pay a fee for the pass.